Please note, these Official Rules have been updated. The updated Official Rules are effective April 10, 2019.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Conrad’s 50th Anniversary Sweepstakes is open to individuals who are residents in Cuyahoga, Lorain, Lake, Medina, Summit, Stark Portage, Geauga, Ashtabula, Huron, Mahoning, Trumbull, Wayne, and Erie Counties situated in the State of Ohio (“Designated Counties”), 18 years and older. Begins: 12:01 a.m. ET on 1/14/19 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/31/19. Subject to Official Rules. Void outside the Designated Counties, and where prohibited. Sponsors: Conrad’s Tire Service, Inc., Cleveland Indians Baseball Company, LLC and WJW/Fox 8.
- By participating, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules. The Official Rules may be viewed by visiting https://www.conrads50.com/
- To enter the Sweepstakes, please visit https://www.conrads50.com/
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ELIGIBILITY: The Conrad’s 50th Anniversary Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the State of Ohio who are at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of Cuyahoga, Lorain, Lake, Medina, Summit, Stark, Portage, Geauga, Ashtabula, Huron, Mahoning, Trumbull, Wayne, and Erie Counties (the “Designated Counties”). Employees of Conrad’s Tire Service, Inc. d/b/a Conrad’s Tire Express & Total Car Care, Cleveland Indians Baseball Company, LLC and WJW/Fox 8 (collectively, “Sponsors”), and of any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Promotion and of each of their respective parents, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and those employees’ immediate family members (regardless of where they reside) or household members, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” means spouses, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, and their respective spouses. “Household members” means people who share the same residence at least three months a year. Government-issued identification card must match entry data. Void where prohibited and outside Designated Counties. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Promotion.
PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on 1/14/19 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/31/19 (the “Promotion Period”).
PROMOTION STRUCTURE: The Promotion will be divided into four different sweepstakes using the same sign up method, as detailed below:
1) Weekly Cash Prize Sweepstakes (“Weekly Sweepstakes”) – One Weekly Sweepstakes winner will be selected each week for the length of the Promotion Period. Each Weekly Sweepstakes prize winner will receive a $5,000 check. To be eligible for a Weekly Sweepstakes prize drawing, an entry must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on the Sunday of the week (or 11:59p.m. ET on December 31, 2019 for the last Weekly Sweepstakes of the Promotion). One Weekly Sweepstakes winner will be selected by random drawing on the following Monday or next business day from among eligible entries for that Weekly Sweepstakes.
2) Monthly “This or That” Trip Sweepstakes (“Monthly Trip Sweepstakes”) – One winner will be selected each calendar month for the length of the Promotion Period. Each Monthly Trip Sweepstakes prize winner will receive a choice of one trip from a list of trips provided by Conrad’s. To be eligible for a Monthly Trip Sweepstakes prize drawing, an entry must be received by 11:59 p.m. on the last day of the month. One Monthly Trip Sweepstakes winner will be selected by random drawing on the following Monday or next business day from among eligible entries for that Monthly Trip Sweepstakes.
3) Bi-Monthly Car Sweepstakes (“Bi-Monthly Car Sweepstakes”) – One winner will be selected each bi-monthly period for the length of the Promotion Period. Each Bi-Monthly prize winner will receive a car of advertised year, make and model for their winning Bi-Monthly Car Sweepstakes with an estimated fair market value of $22,000- $32,000 based on Sponsors’ selection and availability. Sponsors reserve the right to offer a cash prize alternative of $22,000 (awarded in the form of a check). The bi-monthly periods consist of two consecutive months for a total of six during the Promotion Period with a Bi-Monthly Car Sweepstakes ending at the end of each of the following months: February, April, June, August, October, and December. Each Bi-Monthly Car Sweepstakes will end at 11:59 p.m. ET on the last day of the Bi-Monthly Car Sweepstakes period.
4) Indians Tickets and a Chance to Win a Car Sweepstakes (“Indians Tickets and Car Sweepstakes”) – Three (3) winners will be selected at the end of each of the following four calendar months during the Promotion Period: April, May, June, and July to receive two (2) tickets for a Cleveland Indians baseball game at Progressive Field on May 24, 2019 (April winner); June 21, 2019 (May winner); July 19, 2019 (June winner); and August 23, 2019 (July winner) (each, a “Conrad’s Car Giveaway Game”). To be eligible for a ticket prize drawing, an entry must be received by 11:59 p.m. on the last day of April, May, June, or July. One Monthly Trip Sweepstakes winner will be selected by random drawing on the following Monday or next business day from among eligible entries for that drawing. The three (3) ticket winners for a Conrad’s Car Giveaway Game (each, a “Progressive Field Finalist”) will then be entered into a random drawing held at the respective Conrad’s Car Giveaway Game for the chance to win a vehicle of advertised year, make and model with an estimated fair market value of $22,000- $32,000 based on Sponsors’ selection and availability. Progressive Field Finalists will have the opportunity to go on the baseball field between innings during the applicable Conrad’s Car Giveaway Game for a chance to be selected to win a prize vehicle. Progressive Field Finalists must be in attendance during the applicable Conrad’s Car Giveaway Game to win a prize vehicle. One winner of a prize vehicle will be selected from the three (3) Progressive Field Finalists at each Conrad’s Car Giveaway Game.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each drawing in each Sweepstakes. Non-winning entries will roll over from one drawing to the next in each Sweepstakes, except that Progressive Field Finalists will not roll over from one drawing to the next. The Sponsors reserve the right to run other sweepstakes using similar names during this Promotion Period.
HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, visit www.conrads50.com (the “Website”) and follow the instructions provided to submit a completed online entry form to receive an entry (“Online Entry”). (Note that the Website referenced within these Official Rules may not be the only website (i.e., specific URLs) used to promote this Promotion. If the promotional ad you see in a magazine, or website or hyperlink that you follow online to enter this Promotion refers to these Official Rules, such website is considered a “Website” under this Promotion.) After submitting an Online Entry, there is an opportunity to receive one additional entry per week from the updated entry page by clicking into the social media link then sharing on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram) and having someone use that link to enter the Promotion (“Social Entry”). Sponsors will determine in their sole discretion who receives credit for a Social Entry. Entrants found to use multiple Twitter accounts to share on Twitter will be ineligible. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or practices (other than Social Entries) or by any means that subvert the entry process will be void if discovered by Sponsors. All entries must be received by the end dates and times above to be eligible for the applicable Sweepstakes. All received entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned.
Sponsors and their administrator reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to: (i) verify any element of any entry, related materials or entrant’s eligibility; (ii) to request additional information; and (iii) to disqualify any entrant whose participation may subject the Promotion, Sponsors or Sponsors’ advertisers, clients, or customers to controversy, negative publicity, scorn, or ridicule. By entering this Promotion, you agree to provide any documentation or information deemed necessary by, and in a form acceptable to, Sponsors to satisfy any of the above requirements if asked by Sponsors to do so.
LIMIT: One Online Entry and one Social Entry per person per week ending every Sunday at 11:59 pm ET, using only one email address. The Social Entry will be recorded the week someone enters using the link—not when the link is posted. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the stated weekly entry limitation will be void if discovered by Sponsors. You may only use one email address to enter this Promotion.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Sponsors will attempt to notify potential winners via email and telephone. Each potential winner must respond within five days of initial notification attempt. Potential winners will be required to show valid government-issued identification card and fill out an IRS W-9 form, and Sweepstakes Release of Liability/Publicity form, and must provide required documents within 10 days of date of notification. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsors are unable to contact a potential winner, or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, that prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsors’ discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the applicable prize by random drawing from remaining eligible entries for that drawing. Each household can win only one prize throughout the entire Promotion. Once a household member has won one of the Sweepstakes, all household members from that household are ineligible for subsequent Sweepstakes drawings.
WEEKLY SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES: Each Weekly Sweepstakes prize is $5,000, which will be awarded in the form of a check. There are 50 Weekly Sweepstakes, and total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all Weekly Sweepstakes prizes is $250,000.
MONTHLY TRIP SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES: Each Monthly Trip Sweepstakes prize is a trip of the winner’s selection of one trip from a list of trips provided by Conrad’s. Each Monthly Trip Sweepstakes prize is a trip for winner and one or more guests. The number of guests is dependent upon the trip selected by the winner. The ARV of each trip is $5,000 to $16,000 and will depend on the trip selected by winner. Not all trips may be available for each winner. There are 12 Monthly Trip Sweepstakes, and the minimum total ARV of all prizes available through the Monthly Trip Sweepstakes is $60,000. Each Monthly Trip Sweepstakes prize is valid for one year after the date it is awarded, and travel must be completed by that deadline. Actual value may vary depending on date of departure and other variables. If actual value is less than stated ARV, difference in prize value will not be awarded. Meals (if included) do not include alcoholic beverages. Winner and his/her guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary, and must possess all required travel documents. Trip must be booked at least 10 days prior to intended departure date. All elements of the trip must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Winner and his/her guest(s) will be responsible for all meals, incidentals, telephone charges, ground transportation, and any other fees and expenses incurred in connection with the Monthly Trip Sweepstakes prize other than those specifically identified as part of the prize. Hotel accommodations are subject to availability, and certain blackout dates may apply. Airfare is subject to availability, and certain blackout dates may apply. Winner may be required to present at least one valid major credit card in order to check in to accommodations. Sponsors will not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by any persons or entities providing any of the prize elements or services. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsors’ designee. Winner and guest(s) are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option, and winner hereby acknowledges that Sponsors have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Guest(s) (and parent or legal guardian of guest who is a minor) may be required to sign and return release prior to accompanying winner on prize trip. Guest who is a minor must be accompanied at all time by parent or legal guardian. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non- transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsors and prize providers shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the prize winner at the time of notification. If winner elects to travel without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded.
BI-MONTHLY CAR SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES: Each Bi-Monthly Car Sweepstakes prize winner will receive a car of advertised year, make and model for their winning Bi-Monthly Car Sweepstakes. The ARV of each car is $22,000- $32,000 based on Sponsors’ selection and availability. There are six Bi-Monthly Car Sweepstakes, and the minimum total ARV of all prizes available through the Bi-Monthly Car Sweepstakes is $132,000. Sponsors will determine which prize vehicle the winner receives, and all features will be in the sole discretion of Sponsors. The winner will be required to personally retrieve the vehicle and present acceptable personal identification, a valid driver’s license and evidence of any legally required insurance. The actual vehicle may have acquired a limited number of miles because of transportation of the vehicle. Delivery of the prize vehicle will occur at a time and location in one of the Designated Counties as reasonably determined by Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right to offer a cash prize alternative of $22,000 (awarded in the form of a check).
INDIANS TICKETS AND A CHANCE TO WIN A CAR SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES.
- INDIANS TICKETS PRIZE. Each Indians tickets prize winner will receive two (2) lower reserved Cleveland Indians tickets for a Conrad’s Car Giveaway Game as set forth above. ARV of Ticket Prize is $120. ARV of all Indians Ticket prizes is $1,440.00. TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM THE GAME AND LODGING NOT INCLUDED. Seat locations at the game will be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsors. Winner’s guest(s) must be at least eighteen (18) years of age, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Major League Baseball game dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the applicable Major League Baseball Club, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of the prize will govern if a legal game, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played or held, as applicable, due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest agree to comply with all applicable ballpark and venue, as applicable, regulations in connection with the prize. Sponsors and the applicable MLB Entities (as defined herein) reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to the winner and/or his/her guest who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game. Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game. Major League Baseball game tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold or offered for resale or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game tickets.
- INDIANS GAME CAR PRIZE. One (1) winner will be selected from the three (3) Progressive Field Finalists for each Conrad’s Car Giveaway Game to win a vehicle of advertised year, make and model with an estimated fair market value of $22,000- $32,000 based on Sponsors’ selection and availability. A total of four (4) Indians Game car prizes will be awarded. The minimum total ARV of all car prizes available through the Indians Tickets and Car Sweepstakes is $88,000. Sponsors will determine which prize vehicle the winner receives, and all features will be in the sole discretion of Sponsors. The winner will be required to personally retrieve the vehicle and present acceptable personal identification, a valid driver’s license and evidence of any legally required insurance. The actual vehicle may have acquired a limited number of miles because of transportation of the vehicle. Delivery of the prize vehicle will occur at a time and location in one of the Designated Counties as reasonably determined by Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right to offer a cash prize alternative of $22,000 (awarded in the form of a check).
CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL PRIZES: WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES AS APPLICABLE. Prize winners will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form in the amount of the prize fair market value as stated herein. Any expenses not specifically provided for herein are the responsibility of the prize winner. Prize is non- transferable, non-negotiable, and not redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions will be made except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors, which may substitute a prize of greater or comparable value. If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. If the winner is not able to attend, or otherwise fails to use or redeem any element of the prize, winner will forfeit the prize (or such prize element) and no additional or substitute prize or compensation will be provided. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsors award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
IN CASE OF DISPUTE: By participating, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or prize awarded, must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding will take place in a federal or state court within the State of Ohio; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsors in connection with this Promotion, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
RELEASES: By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to release Sponsors, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, the MLB Entities (as defined herein), and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Promotion and each of their respective independent contractors, parents, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Promotion and/or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize (or any portion thereof). The “MLB Entities” shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLBAM” or “MLB.com”), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC, and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities.
OTHER: Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion for any reason or no reason, in their sole discretion. If Sponsors terminate the Promotion, Sponsors will determine the winners of remaining prizes by random drawing from among all eligible, non- suspect, non-winning entries received as of the termination or remaining winners will be selected in such other manner as Sponsors deem fair under the circumstances. If the Sponsors cancel, modify, or terminate the Promotion, Sponsors will post notice of their action on the Promotion website. Neither the failure of Sponsors to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsors in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsors’ right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any conflict between any term of these Official Rules and any marketing or entry materials used in connection with the Promotion, the terms of these Official Rules will govern. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, undelivered, garbled or misdirected entries or registrations; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Promotion-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from or use of the website. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the website or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsors may consider, in their sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsors through information technology systems in Sponsors’ control, but Sponsors will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. If there is a dispute regarding an Online Entry, entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the ISP, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses.
Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use each entrant’s name, hometown (city and state), voice, biographical information, likeness, photograph, video and any statements regarding this Promotion in all media now known or hereafter discovered, for any purpose in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation, in connection with, and to promote, market or advertise, the Promotion, in whole or in part, without review, approval, credit or attribution, notification or payment from or to entrant or any person or entity, worldwide, in perpetuity, or on a winner’s list, if applicable.
Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials. Trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
WINNERS’ LIST: For the winners’ list, available after 1/15/20, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winners’ Names, Conrad’s 50th Anniversary Sweepstakes, 14577 Lorain Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio, 44111, Attention: Sweepstakes Coordinator.
ADMINISTRATION: Sponsors may use a third party administrator to operate the database, select the winners, contact the winners and verify the eligibility of the winners.
SPONSORS: Conrad’s Tire Service, Inc., 14577 Lorain Ave., Cleveland, OH 44113; Cleveland Indians Baseball Company, LLC, 2401 Ontario St., Cleveland, OH 44115; and WJW/FOX 8, 5800 South Marginal Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44103.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram.